Thursday, July 31, 2008

up LATE

BH told me the picture voting thing was lame. Just trying to get the baby new shoes. Sorry.

I got a cortisone shot in my wrist today. I do have de Quervain's tenosynovitis (also called washerwoman's syndrome; also called macho personal trainer syndrome). BH asked if Dr Spears was going to consult me next time he needed a doctor. Of course. Going to pump and dump for 4 days so Hank doesn't grow chest hair, already. I am guessing the shot is why I am WIDE awake at 11:41 pm. The shot HURT, but my wrist already feels better.

I am completely addicted to MONK. I can relate to many of his quirks. The germs thing, no changing thing, having things a certain way for no good reason, but being completely aversive to changing thing, wearing the same clothes every day thing (I have 2 nursing tops I switch back and forth). I have been renting them on Netflix and watching them while doing things around the house, etc.
Going to try to go to sleep. I am tired, but not sleepy. When I have taken oral corticosteroids for sinus infections, I felt like a million bucks: cleaned the house, organized closets, and ran hard enough to get a stress fracture on a bone that only bears 1/6 of one's body weight (also combined with antibiotics which I also implicate in the cause of the stress fracture). [I also think my fibulas in particular must bear more weight due to my high, extremely rigid arches].
I am reading some Raymond Carver short stories. They are easy, quick reads, but apparently some part of his genius is going WAY over my head, because the back cover reviews go nuts over him, and I am just mildly entertained.

No comments: