Thursday, March 15, 2007

the streets of Baltimore

can't get the song out of my head.

I sold the farm to take my woman where she longed to be.
we left our kin and all ours friends back there in Tennessee.
I got those one-way tickets she had always begged me for.
and she dragged me through the streets of Baltimore.

it's a cool town. right by Towson where Michael Phelps is from.
my shuttle driver's son knows him because his son is friends with him.
it is supposed to get cold here tonight.
I can't imagine anyone is going to go to my 7:30 am presentation.
it will be a good dress rehearsal.
there are tons of PE teacher-looking types. mullets, track suits, and a little bit overweight.
that's at the conference. the city is full of smokers. I am surprised by that.
I walked over to a deli after I checked in. Attman's. There were white, Jewish people there, black people, and white, gentile me. it was a good sandwich.

No comments: