Saturday, May 16, 2009

like robbing a highway

Don't know if I mentioned this when it happened, but overheard at IKEA regarding an item someone apparently thought was expensive, "wow, that's like robbing a highway."  I don't know if they were foreign or just trying to be hilarious.
What brought highway robbery to mind was I sold some clothes at Buffalo Exchange yesterday.  It was kind of like halfprice books, but with young people who don't care as opposed to middle aged people who don't care.  I turned them down on a few of their terrible offers, which meant I had to carry the stuff and the kid BACK out to the car, and no, thank you, I don't need any help opening the door or carrying anything, you just stand there. please.  I am not superstitious, and I don't know if I believe in karma or not, but it did seem like a reflection of my former self.  No clue about having a kid or why you would need to bring the kid with you while you carried in grocery sacks full of clothes that are perfectly good but that you haven't worn in 20 years.
The main reason for the purge was to get the rest of my clothes out of Hank's closet.  Mission mostly accomplished except for my coats.  I put my pants in the upstairs bathroom cabinet.  And I put my dresses on the top of my two layer closet in the office.  Now, if I would just sell/get rid of the stuff in the bottom of my closet and Hank's closet, we would be in serious, organization nirvana.
Off to ride the spin bike before the first meet the coaches for Canyon Creek summer league swim team!  My 4th season!!!

No comments: