Friday, November 18, 2005

bathtub abort

Well, we were going to get our bathtub resurfaced today, but the faucet leaks, so we can't do it, yet. Also, I didn't know Rockit can't be in the house while he's doing it. After I had chased Rockit into the bedroom, I had a hell of a time getting him out to put him in the carrier to take him outside. Meanwhile, the guy tells me about the leak. We will hopefully be able to get the leak fixed and get it done later. However, it might require something big in which case, we are not going to get it fixed until we do this "bathroom remodel" I have been hearing about. The guy did get the tub unbelievably clean. I scrub and scrub and it looks dirty, but he used some seriously caustic stuff and some 50 grit sandpaper, and it looks pretty clean. I REALLY hope we can get the leak fixed because I would REALLLLLLLY like to be able to take baths in my own house. Maybe it will work out.
I guess things like this make you grateful for modern conveniences like toilets, sinks, and showers. Many people in the world do not have these luxuries. We are really blessed. And I would be super duper blessed if I had a bath tub to take baths in.

Studying this weekend. Going to Lesley's wedding. Clients and classes in the morning on Sunday. Might go to a JV TG celebration Sunday afternoon.

Had a great swim workout this morning. 4100 m
This was the main set
1 x 100 on 1:45
2 x 100 on 1:50
3 x 100 on 1:55
4 x 100 on 2:00
1 x 100 on 3:00
repeat.
The only hard part was the first 3 100's. I made all the intervals, though, and was pretty happy.
Maybe someday I will get my 100m free time down under 1:30. My fastest 100 yd time is 1:17. I have no idea how I did that. Justin paced me, and I haven't been able to do it since.
Steve says we are doing a 400 IM on Wednesday. I am going to tell him about shaving off another minute this next 3 months.

No comments: