Thursday, September 24, 2009

actually going

If all goes as planned, I am going to the Fed (Women's Federation) tonight to Lindy and swing.  I've planned to go about 8 times, and I always decide to go to sleep instead.  This time, I found someone who agreed to pick me up, and I don't have to get up early tomorrow, or function much, as we will be flying most of the day.
Had a fun lesson with DID today.  He was a couple of minutes late, which I didn't even notice until he said so, but it put him in a humble and sweet mood.  I made many of the mistakes I always make that usually bug him, and he just either said that's ok, or corrected me in a nice way, or let them go entirely.  I am starting to feel a little more coordinated at waltz.  Of course, we have done very few figures, but the heel toe, toe, toe heel for forward, and toe heel, toe, toe heel for going backwards and switching in between is challenging.  I suppose it becomes a no brainer, eventually.  Then we did some two-step, which is also feeling a little better.  Seems like we got a little of that rubber band thing going on these things that are similar to cross-over breaks, to me, but move down the line of dance.  I wish I could get DPB to practice 2-step with me a lot.  I think we should become amateur partners and climb our way up to the ladder of masters champions.  I don't even know if they have masters like in running, I am just assuming we would have to get pretty old to become champions.  I also wish he would do Latin with me.  Gary was very sweet and encouraged me after our lesson.  I appreciate that.  I appreciate the hospitality of the other instructors there from whom I have never taken a lesson or even a group class.  It's nice they acknowledge peoples' presence.  I always try to do that at the J, too.
DPB is bringing his lady friend to the Fed.  I was going to have a lady friend of my own (who likes ladies) but she had last minute other plans.  So, instead it will be me, and mom and dad.  That's cool.
Almost finishing packing for MI.  We are going SUPER minimalist with only one suitcase total, one backpack, and the car seat.  I have snacks packed for HH, and most of our quart-sized baggies packed.  What a pain in the neck those terrorists have caused.  Killing innocents and annoying the rest of us.  I would be extremely inconvenienced if it meant we would actually be safe, but I doubt that the baggies are keeping us any safer than we were before 9/11. 

No comments: