Thursday, October 06, 2005

feeling better

I have had a persistent sinus infection. went back to the doc yesterday and he put me on steroids. after 3 doses, I feel MUCH better. yesterday, I was achy, had a fever, stuffy, felt like doodoo. today, mentally, I feel SO much better, and physically so much better. i can see why they are banned. my voice is a little deeper, but other than that I feel fine.

had my first multivariate test this morning. I am pretty sure I made a 100. But I usually think I have made a 100 on most tests. after 19 years of test-taking, I still do not enjoy it. I am going to do something other than these kinds of tests when I get to be a big-time professor. I guess some people hate writing papers. I actually enjoy that. I have to say, after my comps were finished, and everyone told me how great I did, I actually enjoyed it.

have the first big 5k on saturday. I hope they don't drug test me! I will be illegal!!!! I wonder if prednisone taken for 2 days before a race is really a performance enhancement. I guess we can compare this time to my others and to one in a month when I will be "clean."

shana tovah! don't know how to spell it, but it means happy new year in hebrew. I celebrated by eating two bowls of matzah ball soup yesterday, and an entire reuben sandwich today. I know I am feeling better, because my appetite is back to normal. the matzah ball soup totally hit the spot for my congestion yesterday. it's more oniony than chicken noodle, and the carbohydrate balls make your tummy feel soothed.

well, I need to work on my poster for ASHA. Ironically, APHA was supposed to be in New Orleans in November. I really did not want to go, but my advisor had wanted us all to take a road trip together. I have never been to New Orleans. I will probably never go, now.

next week I am going to the fair! fun. and possibly a football game that coincides with my FIFTEEN year high school reunion (which should have been in June). we'll see about the latter.

oh, I haven't figured out how to post pics, yet. I will get on the links, soon

No comments: