Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hodgkinson victory in Elgin

Brad and went out to our first extremely small 5k where we attempted to dominate. The cards were in my favor, but neither of us performed up to what we expected. Brad has been training a lot for his, and I have been doing track workouts which was more than I was doing this time last year. Brad won his agegroup, and I won overall female. We were about a minute slower than we expected, so, I think the course was long. Maybe we were coincidentally both not having a good day. I received a monopoly game called Elginopoly. Brad was not very thrilled with his performance, so didn't want to wait for his award, though I think we would have come home with TWO Elginolpolys if we had waited. We also didn't eat any sausage because you aren't hungry (especially for sausage) right after a 5k. The weather was cool, but not as cold as I had hoped. 60ish.

I feel 1 million times better than last week. I am still taking the prednisone and zyrtec and nasonex and getting regular acupuncture, again. This should keep me feeling good.

Thursday night I am going to Big D to go to the Fair! Yeah. And eat some great food and run at WR and swim at the TLC.

No comments: