Sunday, February 19, 2006

not so great

I was going to say I stunk it up at the marathon, but that is not true. I was running a good pace - 7:45-8:00 for 20 miles. At mile 10 my right leg was hurting. At mile 13 took more ibuprofen. At mile 18 looked for Brad, but didn't see him. Had a little melt down. At mile 20, it was really hurting, so I stopped at the rec sports center and left an unintelligible message on his cell phone. Fortunately I saw one of my swimming students and called Brad again, and he came and picked me up.
The weather was good, I felt good, my quads felt good, I could have kept going except for pain in shin and peroneous muscles.
If it doesn't get better, I will go to doc.
I think it's time to turn the focus back to the 400 IM.
I was thinking I need to see how this experience will benefit others. I had a slew of PR's and great races. Then, a DNF at CDA, then had a medium 5k, a bad 5k, a good 50k, now another DNF. i suppose if it were PR after PR, I wouldn't be mortal, right?

No comments: